Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day Before Surgery & Ya Gotta Have Friends

First of all, I'd like to say, thanks for reading my blog. I have a lot more readers than anticipated.  I put up a link where you can subscribe so it will come to your email when I put up a new post. There's also an RSS feed button, if you use those. These can be found on the right side of the page above the Snoopy picture. Let me know if you have any problems. I've followed the directions, which were simple, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. Hopefully, these will make it easier for you to find my new posts.

It's my day before surgery and I have moments of anxiousness. I'm keeping busy around the house and doing some things to get ready for the surgery. My daughter is coming from Kansas and I'm also getting things ready for her quick visit. I keep my mind on her arrival instead of The Day of the Unknown.

I've talked with several ladies who have gone through this before me and it sounds like it's not as bad as I am anticipating. Why do we do that to ourselves? Why do fear the unknown? I don't think the unknown has ever been as bad as I anticipated. So, I concentrate on what my friends have told me and keep that in front of me when I start to get anxious.

I need to remember to continue my dependence on the Lord during this adventure. That way, my perspective will be clear and focused on where I should be looking instead of looking at myself and ending up depressed. Focusing on ourselves never leads to happiness or contentment.


I've had a great week. I had a girls night out, which was totally fun. We all had a great time together and hated to part company. It really was good medicine for all of us.

I've had a few little gifts of love, some jokes, cartoons, funny posts. I've appreciated each and every one of them. I've had people that I don't know contact me just to let me know they are thinking of me and are keeping me in prayer. Cherished friends and family from far away are sending me messages of love and encouragement.

My exercise class prayed over me the other day and that was such a blessing. Those ladies are such a huge encouragement. I am blessed to be part of that group. We always have such great music that offer fortitude, inspiration and reassurance. (Click that "music" link to listen to one of my favorites.) If you haven't tried Body & Soul, I encourage you to do so, if you have a class in your area.

Ladies I haven't seen over the summer months have sent emails of encouragement and prayers.

You all have been a huge help and it is more blessed than I can express to know that I have such a great community of loving friends and family. Each one of you are dear to my heart. Thank you for the love, encouragement and prayer support. Here's a little friend video from me to you as a show of appreciation.

I look forward to tomorrow afternoon when my surgery is over, my daughter is here and I am home. It's Labor Day weekend and I hope to have a cook out with my family. What are your plans for Labor Day?

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me...For when I am weak, then I am strong." I Corinthians 12:9 & 10

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how many people really do care about us, yet until something like this happens, we don't know! So glad you are feeling the love and support of friends and family. The Bible verse is perfect. God's grace and God's power....that is all you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has been so good through all of this. He's given me such comfort and assurance. I think that is so sweet of Him.

      Delete
  2. God's grace be with you and Emily! You have a wonderful daughter to live for! Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, justnbh. My daughters are a great blessing to my life.

      Delete