Friday, September 9, 2016

At Last! An Update!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to let you know how the surgery went. My right arm has been rather sore and sometimes swollen, so I thought I had better wait.

Lab results are in and they are good. All margins show no sign of cancer and the lymph nodes are also free of cancer, so it didn't spread anywhere. I'm praising God and His goodness for His healing, a wonderful medical team and great people in my life. God has given me comfort and assurance the whole way through. He is so good. My assurance has been so strong that when the news came, I really wasn't excited at all. It was more like, "I already knew that" type of thing. Everyone I'm telling is happy and excited and I'm just like, "I knew it". How sweet of God to be so comforting to me.

My thyroid tests were sent back for further examination and those results will be given to me at my follow up appointment. I'm sure whatever is going on with that little organ is manageable.

I am SO glad I went to get my mammogram. I usually do. But, this just tells you how important it is to keep current.

When I woke up in recovery, my youngest daughter was here. She had flown out from the Midwest and it was good to see her face. She was able to stay just a few days - the long weekend - and she was a tremendous help. She cooked our dinner and took good care of me. I was glad she was here for Larry's sake, as well, as he has been a bit overwhelmed. We didn't get to spend too much time together, as the weekend seemed to fly by, but we enjoyed being together.

Sunday, my grandson came over with his girlfriend and her little boy and we all had a nice Sunday dinner together. I had wanted to go to church, but didn't have the energy to do so. It was tiring to have everyone over, but it was nice that we could all be together.

My daughter went back home on Monday. I cried about five or six times after she left. I need so much to be able to live near my children. I need them. I miss them. It's just so hard at certain times in life. So, I let myself mourn that little bit of a loss and then called my brother so I could "get over it".

Each day I get a little better and a little stronger. It's amazing the daily changes I see in my body. I use an infrared light stim to help with the healing and bruising. I have very little bruising because of the light. I'm taking some things to help my body detox from all the chemicals that they put into my system. I'm using a rooibus tea with a few herbs and I'm drinking lemon throughout the day and also eating some yogurt every day for some probiotics. I'm also making simmering some bone broth, as we speak, to sip on for a good detox.

The other day, Larry and I went for a very short walk. I was very tired yesterday and didn't go walking. Today seemed a lot better, so I was able to walk for about fifteen minutes. I was hoping to go to my exercise class and just walk with them while they worked out, but didn't have the energy. So, I was glad when I got that walk in.

Friends have stopped by, which has really lifted my spirits, and I have loved having the company. Although I'm quiet, I'm a people person and being alone is very hard for me - even on a good day. I usually just find things to do to keep me busy if I find myself too lonely. So, I have appreciated the visits.

Yesterday I ventured out on my own and went to my Bible study. I may have over done it because I am feeling it today. But, it was so great to see all the friends I had not seen over the summer months.

In studying my Bible today, I was reading about how Christians are overcomers through Christ, not only in life here on earth, but also in our eternal future when we go to live in Heaven with God. I love the promises that God gives to us as overcomers. Please, please listen to my song today, if you don't normally listen to the one I share. It says so much about overcoming the stuff life brings us. Watch it all the way to the end and you will see one of the promises that is given to overcomers.

I just want to say thank you to all the love and support from everyone. You all have been a huge help.

My favorite Bible verse, I just wanted to share with you, is so appropriate for this time in my life:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   That's some pretty cool plans. :-)


1 comment:

  1. Laurie,

    I am praising the Lord for His faithfulness to you...for bringing your healing to fruition. I knew He would fulfill His Word!

    His Word says "by His [Jesus] stripes we WERE healed!" On the cross He said, "It is finished!" He paid the price for our sin; the stripes he took on his back was for our healing, and before He ascended to the Father, He went down to Hell and took the keys to death, hell and the grave FROM Satan! "IT IS FINISHED!" Isn't it wonderful to know that God loves us and we can trust Him with every care that we have...no matter what it is...even the dreaded Big C?!!!

    God bless you my very special & sweet friend and sister in Christ! I may not be able to see you very often because of our geographical locations, and we may not get to talk on the phone much...but that doesn't stop our love & friendship from lasting! I am so glad the Lord brought you into my life almost 20 years ago!! I LOVE YOU!!

    Don't push yourself too hard. Use wisdom and get plenty of rest so your body can continue to heal from the surgery. This may be a season of rest for you. Take this time to rest in the Lord!

    Fall is almost upon you...enjoy a cup of hot tea or coffee in the mornings in the crisp air while reading the Word and contemplating the goodness of Abba Daddy! Take this time to take a "spiritual soak in God's hot tub!" It will be time to get back into your normal routine soon enough!

    BTW...Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite scriptures,too!!

    Love, Marcia

    ReplyDelete